BerlinUP Journals exclusively publishes academic journals with quality-assured content.
- The content of the publishing program covers all scientific fields and research areas of our four institutions: Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin or Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
- The content-related orientation of the journal must be clearly represented by delimitable research fields, subject disciplines or scientific communities. This also includes inter- or transdisciplinary research fields, as long as there are clear demarcation criteria for the scope of the journal.
- The journal has a named editorial board that contributes to scientific quality assurance.
- Scientific contributions to the journal must undergo review procedures appropriate to the respective research community. The nature and scope of the review process must be explained and presented on the journal's website. Common review procedures include single-blind peer review, double-blind peer review, editorial review and variants of open peer review and post-publication review. BerlinUP explicitly supports the development of open peer review procedures. Different sections of a journal may use different review procedures if these are clearly stated.
- The editors, the members of the editorial board as well as the reviewers must have appropriate professional knowledge of the mentioned research fields, which can be proven by relevant teaching, research or publication activities.
- The editors, authors and reviewers of the journal contributions are committed to the DFG's Guidelines for Safeguarding Good Research Practice.
- The editors are responsible for scientific quality assurance and follow the Core Practices of the Committee on Publication Ethic (COPE).