BerlinUP Journals only publishes journals with an affiliation to one of our four institutions: Freie Universität Berlin, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Technische Universität Berlin or Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin.
Affiliation is guaranteed by at least one employed person with responsibility for the journal in a central role:
- Central roles include editors, members of the editorial team and editorial board members, but not reviewers.
- The employment does not have to be permanent, but must run for at least 3 years into the future. In exceptional cases, this 3-year period can be undercut as long as a sustainability concept can demonstrate how the affiliation can be secured elsewhere for the next 3 years.
- The employment does not have to be in a specific status group.
- The affiliation can also be guaranteed by another person over time.
Alternatively, affiliation may be ensured by a resident institution with responsibility for the journal:
- These can be permanent institutions such as a department, library or research centre.
- These can be temporary institutions such as a collaborative research centre or a specialised information service, if funding is guaranteed for at least 3 years.
- A specific contact person for the journal must be specified. This can also be linked to a specific role such as management or coordination.