Publications from BerlinUP Books are publicly accessible worldwide in open access – without legal, technical or financial barriers and without embargoes, which restrict reuse by third parties.
BerlinUP Books supports open science as a human right (cf. Article 27 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)).
The FAIR principles (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability, Reuse) serve as the basis for the actions of BerlinUP Books.
The primary form of publication is online open access in various digital format.
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights | United Nations
- Sustainable Development Goals | United Nations
- FAIR principles
Open access policies
BerlinUP sees itself as an active participant in the open access community. The open access policies of the BUA partners shape the publishing policy. The publishing services should be seen as a contribution to the implementation of the Open Access Strategy for Berlin and the Berlin Declaration (2013).
- Open access policy of the Freie Universität Berlin
- Open access policy of the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Open access policies und guidelines of Technische Universität Berlin
- Open access at the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Open Access Strategy for Berlin [only available in German]
- Berlin Declaration on Open Access to Knowledge in the Sciences and Humanities
As the author, you grant the publisher simple, nonexclusive rights of use.
The recommended license is the Creative Commons license CC BY 4.0.
The metadata of the publications are distributed under CC Zero (CC0).