Publications from BerlinUP Books are publicly accessible worldwide in open access – without legal, technical or financial barriers and without embargoes, which restrict reuse by third parties.
BerlinUP Books supports open science as a human right (cf. Article 27 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)).
The FAIR principles (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability, Reuse) serve as the basis for the actions of BerlinUP Books.
The primary form of publication is online open access in various digital format.
- BerlinUP Open-Access-Publizieren
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
- Sustainable Development Goals
- FAIR Principles
Open access policies
BerlinUP sees itself as an active participant in the open access community. The open access policies of the BUA partners shape the publishing policy. The publishing services should be seen as a contribution to the implementation of the Open Access Strategy for Berlin and the Berlin Declaration (2013).
- FU: Open-Access-Policy der Freien Universität Berlin
- HU: Open-Access-Policy (hu-berlin.de)
- TU: Open-Access-Policies und -Leitlinien (tu.berlin)
- Charité: Open Access: Medizinische Bibliothek - Charité
- Open-Access-Strategie für Berlin
- Internationale Berliner Erklärung
As the author, you grant the publisher simple, nonexclusive rights of use.
The recommended license is the Creative Commons license CC BY 4.0.
The metadata of the publications are distributed under CC Zero (CC0).