|Affiliated authors according to § 43 BerlHG|
||free of charge|
|Typesetting/layout (recommended!)||subject to a charge||
|grammatical Lektorship / Specialised editing / proofreading ...||subject to a charge|
||Start edition if necessary subject to a charge||Own funds
third-party funds (not eligible for funding via OA monograph funds)
- For authors, affiliated with one of the four participating institutions (according to § 43 BerlHG) the standard services are available free of charge.
- External authors pay a fixed rate for the standard services.
BerlinUP Books explicitely recommends you to make use of the high-quality external additional services arranged by the publisher. BerlinUP Books is the contractual partner of the respective service providers. We invoice the costs either to the authors/editors or to the respective institutes/chairs. It may be possible to finance the OA-indexed costs from local publication funds.
Publication funds for open access books of the participating institutions:
- FUB: Publication fund for books
- HUB: Publication fund for monographs
- TUB: Financing for open access books
- To ensure high quality publications, we strongly recommend you to use typesetting and layout (including the associated editorial revision) as an additional external service.
- Under certain circumstances, the authors can also ensure the typesetting/layout themselves. The publisher then performs a formal lektorship and improves the manuscript in an iterative process together with the authors until it is ready for publication. This services are free of charge.